The AccountKit FAQ seeks to cover all sorts of questions that you may have when trying to make the decision whether to take the leap into AccountKit.
Jump straight to the applicable section:
- Why do I need AccountKit?
- Who is AccountKit designed for?
- What can we expect to pay as a practice?
- Is there a free trial?
- How do we find time to implement AccountKit?
- Do I have to use Xero Practice Manager or Xero to use AccountKit?
- Does AccountKit integrated with any other Practice Management Software?
- Our Practice is 100% in the cloud. Do you integrate with any Document Management Systems?
- Can I get someone to assist with our setup?
- Why does the cost of AccountKit vary per region?
- Where is our client data stored?
- I'm not entirely comfortable with storing my data in the cloud. Is it safe?
- What devices will AccountKit work on?
- Will AccountKit work in my country?
- What do I do if I get stuck?
- What happens if my internet goes down?
- I wouldn't mind seeing AccountKit in action, is there anyone locally we could visit to see it being used in situ?
- This is all looking pretty amazing... Where to from here?
We already have too many apps that we’re paying and logging into and various websites that we use on a day to day basis, why do we need to further complicate our life with yet another login and cost?
Great question! This is the primary reason for AccountKit – we too were sick of having so many logins and places that we're trying to action various parts of our business life. So we’ve started with focusing on the pain points in our business to collate the tools we were using between Excel, practice manager software and a variety of websites and bringing them all under one banner. Then by integrating with other like minding businesses like Xero, we’re able to streamline various other parts of our administration and client work.
Who is AccountKit designed for?
While we’d love to cater for all businesses and Xero lovers, at the moment, we’ve specifically designed AccountKit for accountants and bookkeepers to help streamline their day to day tasks, and to add value to the services that they’re currently offering their clients.
What can we expect to pay as a practice?
Check out our pricing tiers. We price based on the number of entities registered to AccountKit – You can have as many users as you like, the pricing scales so that the more clients you take on the price per client drops by tier – we believe you’ll find that the pricing is very reasonable especially when you consider the efficiencies it will to bring to your business.
Is there a free trial?
Glad you asked! We offer a free 30 day trial for you to explore AccountKit before deciding if it’s right for you and your business. We’re absolutely convinced that you’ll love our software as much as we do, but in case you don’t, there’s no requirement to enter your credit card details until the trial period is over. To take advantage of this, click on the “Free Trial” link from our homepage or click here where you’ll be redirected to our signup page.
How do we find the time to implement AccountKit?
The implementation when paired with Xero Practice Manager is extremely quick and easy. There’s a little more work if you’re not on XPM, but it is a good chance to clean up your client database if you’re exporting out of another piece of Practice Management Software. See the Getting Started Guide to see how easy it is.
Do I have to use Xero Practice Manager or Xero to use AccountKit?
Not at all – you can still get great benefit in using AccountKit to streamline various elements of your practice. You just won’t get the absolute best out of it as you miss some key efficiencies to be gained by sharing of client data stored within XPM and your Xero files. You really should take the leap sometime soon.
Does AccountKit integrate with any other Practice Management Software?
Not directly (at least, not yet) – you can use other practice management software, you’ll just miss some of the key efficiencies you can get through the supported integrations. See the various other questions for more information. We may support other platforms in the future, but presently Xero aligns perfectly with our own broader Strategy and ethos for supporting small business.
Our Practice is 100% in the cloud. Do you integrate with any Document Management Systems (DMS)?
Yes! We sure do. Currently we have the following intergrations with DMS:
- Nimbus (Coming Soon)